Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy 78th Birthday Grandma Barb!




Today we celebrated my grandma's 78th birthday, and how thankful we are to have done so, as Grandma recently underwent open-heart surgery.  She has recovered very well, for which we give glory to God!

Grandma Barb is my mother's mother.  She was born in Montreal, Quebec in 1933, the eldest of three children.  Sadly, she had a rough childhood.  Her father fought in WWII and when he returned from the war he was an alcoholic.  Eventually, Grandma's mother and father separated.  Out of necessity, Grandma quit school and went to work at age fourteen, subsequently marrying my grandfather when she was eighteen.  Unfortunately, my grandfather was not a faithful man and after bearing him six children they divorced, leaving my grandma to raise their children on her own with no assitance.

My mother often refers to her mother as her hero.  

Today we celebrate the gift of my grandmother.  How blessed I am to have her in my life.  I love her so much!

Posted by Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment